Monday, January 2, 2012

Just an Update

I feel like lots of big things have been happening our way and I haven't blogged about them. Or maybe I did blog about them and I have just forgotten. I've now been back at work for a year and a half, but adjusting and balancing and figuring it all out still hasn't happened. I'm not sure it will ever happen. I just wrapped up a two week break from work, but unfortunately did not find any additional free time. Anyway, enough with my blabbing, I'll get on with the update:


1. Morgan Kate is now officially potty trained. She has been for quite some time, but as I mentioned I don't think I've blogged about it. And it's quite a big deal, so I'm doing it now. FINALLY.  At the start of the school year (August) she had mastered "tee-teeing" in the potty. She never had to be reminded or asked to go. She would tell us when she needed to go and maybe had two or three accidents ever. Getting her to do the other business took a bit more work, but by I guess late September/early October she had mastered that as well and really had no accidents that I can think of. When it clicked, it clicked. The only time she still wears a pull-up is at night and I think that may be coming to an end very soon. Most mornings her pull-up is completely dry, so I feel like she might be ready. Might.


2. Morgan Kate has moved to a big girl bed! Well, a toddler bed to be exact, but it feels like a big girl bed to all of us. At age three and some change she had never tried climbing out of her crib, but we knew that it was time. We did it the Sunday before Christmas. We had been thinking about it for a while and I was fine with it, actually a little excited because I knew we would be moving things around, adding some things here and there and taking a few things away. But, when the day actually came I cried the entire time. I was a wreck. As you all know, I have a hard time, very hard time, letting things go, especially with her and this one was really hard. She and Travis were laughing and playing and so excited about the big girl bed and all I could do was cry. She's done pretty well in the bed. It takes a while at night for her to get settled and actually go to sleep, but once she does she typically stays in the bed. There have been some nights where she's gotten up around 4 or so and come to our room, but I'm completely fine with it. 


3. Abigail and Addison are HOME!!! They came home a few weeks before Christmas and are doing very well. They are both on monitors and have oxygen for feeds, but they are growing and thriving. Sleep is not something that Kelly or Tommy or Aunt Deborah probably remember anything about, but I know it will get better. It just has to! I am so looking forward to the day that I can go and visit and hold them and kiss them and love on them. My mom, Mama Jean, MK and I rode up the day after Christmas to drop off some goodies, but we didn't dare touch the babies or get too close. It was just the best feeling seeing them in their own house with their mommy and daddy. 


4. My cousin, Lynn and his wife, Amy, just welcomed their second baby girl. Zoe Anne was born on Friday and they were able to take her home today. She's is so cute and looks just like big sister, Jillian. 2011 was a year full of growth for our family. We added two by marriage and four by birth. 2012 will bring two more by marriage! 


There is so much that Morgan Kate is doing and saying, but I'll save that for a post all it's own! Just the other morning we woke up and I felt like MK had just grown up over night. She is such a big girl these days!

1 comment:

Jason and Talyse said...

Wow! Lots going on! I've been a bad blog reader (and writer), but I'm vowing to do a better job this year. I'm so glad those sweet babies are home and doing well! Congratulations on the potty training and big girl bed! I will be praying that you find the solution to MK's bedtime blues!