Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sunday was a special day for many reasons. One, however, was the dedication of two very special beautiful baby girls. These girls are answers to so many prayers. They are healing to hurt hearts. They are absolute miracles.
Their parents are strong and courageous and brave. They have to be, right?!? They have twins. Ha! They have one amazing mommy who has the biggest heart. 
Holding them for the first time ever also made the day pretty special for me. My arms were full, but my heart was overflowing. I've waited a long time to hold these babies. As little girls (Kelly and I are only 9 months apart) Kelly and I dreamed about the day that we would both be mommies. And now those dreams have become a reality - we are both mommies and we both have baby girls. 
This picture of the four of us brings tears to my eyes. Tears for a lot of reasons. As I drove down that morning I was composed. It may have been because I was concentrating on driving (maybe also driving a little too fast) and worried about getting to the dedication on time, but I felt good and I felt like I could keep it together. The minute Kelly walked out with those two girls and stood at the front of the church, I lost it. 
It was a beautiful service and I was so glad that I got to be a part of their big day. They did amazing and were angels through the dedication and the rest of the service. 
The girls were just gorgeous in their dresses and bibs and bloomers. PRECIOUS. Kelly was also stunning. As usual.
Not only did I get to hold them, but I got to kiss all over those sweet cheeks. Heart content. 

2 comments:

The Leviners said...

What a very special day indeed! I'm still so very happy for Kelly and Tommy! God is good!

Kelly Lee said...

Thank you so much for being a part of our special day! And the beautiful post. Love you