I could seriously be a beach bum. No lie. I love the beach and everything about it, even the icky, sticky sand. I'm the happiest when I can just sit in my chair and watch the waves and birds and of course watch my baby girl build a sandcastle.
I have a really bad habit of playing the "last time this week/month/year" game. You know, where you think back to what you were doing last week this time or where you were last year at this very moment?!? Am I the only one who does this? It can be a really fun game, but it can also be a really sad game. This week it's a sad game because I am really, really missing Folly Beach.
Anyhoo, on to Folly Favorites Part 2. I'm picking up from yesterday.
27. This amazing view. Can't. Get. Enough.
28. Raven and her family were also at Folly the same week we were. When we were younger we were always at Folly at the same time, so it was a special treat to have her family sharing the island again this year.29. Watching our babies play on Folly together. This is a day we've dreamed about for a very long time.
30. Spending time with my momma. I heart this picture!!!
31. Spending time with my bros
32. Still my favorite picture of the week
33. Having time for a few family pics. This is a picture of all the people that were in our house.
34. Quality time with both of my grandmothers.
35. Managing to get a shot of the three of us
36. MK shared a room with us and for all except one night she slept and STAYED in her own bed. One morning, well before our wake up time, she crawled into our bed and as the sun came up I got to watch these two snoozing away. Melt my heart.
37. Kaka and MK enjoying a "piggy back ride" courtesy of Gator
38. We ate THE best food. Chicken one night, seafood twice, spaghetti, steaks and out twice. This was one of our emptied steam pots.
39. MK wasn't really interested in napping while on vacation. I guess she was afraid she would miss something, so many mornings she caught up on her rest by sleeping much later than any of us. And yes, she is wearing one of my shirts that I wore when I was her age.
40. My parents took their boat to the beach (we all take our boats and spend a lot of time in the river) so my grandmothers were able to go out and spend the day with us in the river.
41. Catnaps. The beach allows for lots of catnaps. I think Owens took the most.
We had such a relaxing and fun week. We paid zero attention to the clocks and had no agenda. It's funny because I didn't spend a lot of time sleeping, but I left feeling so refreshed. MK on the other hand was apparently lacking in the sleep department because after we got home Saturday she took a three hour nap and still slept twelve hours that night. Girl is sleeping good!