Monday, July 30, 2012

I love an easy and quick recipe. One that can be put together in a matter of minutes and doesn't require much effort on my part. This is that recipe. And when I find a recipe that's easy and also good, because this one definitely is, then I like to pass it on. If more people would do that then I might actually cook every night. Might being the keyword.

I found this recipe on Pinterest. I have found others and either they didn't prove to be as easy as they claimed to be or they weren't nearly as tasty as I thought they should be. This proved to be the whole package. 

I took a pyrex dish and placed chicken cutlets down the center. The recipe called for chicken breasts, but I only had cutlets and it worked out perfectly. I dumped in two cans of green beans, Publix brand, on one side of the chicken. On the other side I cut up and dumped in a few red potatoes. I then sprinkled the entire dish with a small packet of Italian seasoning. (At my hubby's request I sprinkled or coated rather each side of the chicken cutlets, and then sprinkled the rest on the green beans and potatoes.) The recipe didn't call for it, but I drizzled a little olive oil over the entire dish. I think the recipe called for melted butter, but I forgot that step. I then covered the dish with aluminum foil and baked it for 45 minutes at 400. The recipe called for an hour at 350, but we were hungry and wanted it faster. 
It was delish! Next time I may try to remember the melted butter or I might even add a little extra seasoning, but even without doing both of those things it was scrumptious. If you're looking for simple and easy and yummy, then you definitely should try this. 

No comments: