Friday, September 21, 2012

Dear Weekend.

Dear Weekend,

It's been a long five days and I have anxiously awaited your arrival. 

Your arrival means so much. 

It means slowing down. 

It means being able to enjoy a meal without having to worry about finishing in record time so that we can squeeze in bath and bed. 

It means sleeping in, even if "in" is only 8:00. I'll take 8:00 over 5:30 any day. 

It means spending time with my girl and hubby. Naps, couch time, outside time, us time.

It means catching up on ridiculous TV shows and actually having a chance to shave my legs. 

It means sipping coffee on the back porch and actually eating breakfast. 

It means staying up past 9 at night. And not falling asleep on the couch.

And while I'm impatiently awaiting your arrival, once you get here, please, please, please slow down. I need a nice, slow weekend. 

Your biggest fan,
Heather



No comments: