Monday, January 27, 2014

The Weekend.

This past weekend my hubby and I got to spend a little one on one time together, while Morgan Kate got to spend some time with Kaka and Gator. Win-win, in my opinion.

We had plans to see the Jason Aldean concert and I still had a voucher for a night at the Hilton downtown. I have this voucher for two years now and we've never used it. The Hilton just happens to be in walking distance from the Colonial Center, so again win-win.
We went downtown earlier in the day. We had lunch and did a little shopping. Okay, so maybe I'm the only one who did a little shopping. Travis just browsed local music stores. 
We met up with one of my oldest friends and her beau.
And caught up with my cousin and her main squeeze. The concert was awesome and a large time was had by all.
I always feel a little guilty about leaving my girl, but I always end up having the best time with my man. It's always so nice to get away together, even if it's only fifteen minutes from home. Getting back into our regular routine since Christmas break has been hard this year. We literally get up, go to work, come home and do all the afternoon/evening things that need to be done and then before you know it, one of us is knocked out cold on the couch. The last two weeks have been especially crazy busy and it was so nice to have the weekend to catch up and make time just for us. 
After the concert we all headed out on the town for a little while longer. And let me just say, I can definitely still hang, but it sure does hurt so much more in the morning than it used to. Momma needs her beauty sleep. 
Sunday morning we enjoyed some delicious room service and then headed to pick up our girl.
I'm already making plans for our next "get away".

2 comments:

Kathy Hardison said...

I love your get aways :) It always means spending time with my angel baby! Can't wait until Feb 21

Anonymous said...

Sounds like yall really had fun at the conference!!!!!