Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Updates for 10.15.08

1. Morgan Kate's feeds increased today. They will increase by 1 cc every eight hours until she reaches 32 ccs. Basically that means that by tomorrow she will be up to 32 ccs every three hours for thirty minutes - a little over an ounce!

2. The feeds are paying off because she weighed in tonight at three pounds and 13 ounces. We are so close to four pounds!! Thank you all for praying for Morgan Kate's growth - please continue to do so.

3. Morgan Kate hung around 34% on her oxygen today. At one time she increased to 38% and while I was holding her she got down to 31%. It made me feel great! However, when we left tonight she was back up to 43%. I certainly don't understand what is going on with her oxygen, but I pray that it gets better. It breaks my heart to see her with the CPAP. It covers her entire face and it makes her little nose bleed. I want her oxygen to improve so bad! I am trying to be patient because I know that in reality she is not even supposed to be here, much less breathing, but it's just so hard.

Prayer Requests:
-Please continue to pray for Morgan Kate's growth.
-Please pray that Morgan Kate's lungs will continue to mature and breathing will become easier.
-Please pray for Morgan Kate's mommy to have PATIENCE. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please know we are lifting up your prayer requests and love you all SO much! Aunt Terry

Anonymous said...

As a Mom it is really hard to be patient because every ounce of our being wants things to move along!
I will pray today :
1. her oxygen levels
2. Mommy's patiemce(Although it seems to me you are doing a fantastic job at that!!!!)
She sure is loved by so many people!!!
Not long until the she begins her life as a fashion queen!!!!

Sherry Pyle

Hollie Heming said...

I will pray for your patience today. If you can teach a class full of fourth graders day after day, you can do this! :) I know Morgan Kate feels your presence and she is working so hard to get stronger each day. Love you!

Monica said...

You my friend are doing a wonderful job. We all need patience--each of us, daily. It is hard to remember that God's time is not the same as ours though. You know that I miss you and I haven't been to see you. I just feel like I don't need to be there. I don't want to bring something there to Morgan Kate and or y'all. (Not that I have anything--ha ha. Although you know these kids have lots of STUFF) I know that it is silly--it's just how I feel. So please know that I love each of you and pray daily for Morgan Kate's homecoming. Much Love,
Monica

amanda pyle said...

I'm so excited that Morgan Kate's weight is so good:) Pretty soon you'll be dressing her up everyday...time to go shopping!!!
I can't imagine how frustrating it is for you and Travis to watch this sweet little baby go through so much, but remember, this is what God has planned for. He will always take care of her:) It is through this experience that you can see what a strong, amazing little girl you have.
I think you have had more patience than anyone else in your situation would have, so don't be hard on yourself. In no time Morgan Kate will be walking and talking. Just look at how far she has come already! Please blow her a kiss from AA and tell her that Uncle JP & I send all of our love. We love you guys!!!