Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy 12 Weeks, Morgan Kate!
12 weeks
84 days
90 days for Mommy and Daddy

Blessings & Updates for 11.16.08

1. I got to spend a lot of time with Morgan Kate today, but some really good quality time tonight.

2. I was able to bathe Morgan Kate, get her ready for bed, feed her the 9pm bottle and rock her to sleep. Wow! I kind of felt like a real mom. She weighed in at five pounds and eleven ounces. Her length and her head grew, but I can't remember the exact measurements. She did AWESOME with her 9pm bottle! She took all of it and burped numerous times. 

3. Morgan Kate's oxygen stayed between 34% and 38% for most of the day. Tonight when I left she was at 35%. She has a chest x-ray tomorrow morning, as well as blood work. 

5. Morgan Kate has gotten so many nice goodies from family members and friends in the past few weeks. Thank you all so very much! One of my dear cousins threw a shower for Morgan Kate this past summer, my sweet neighbor gave one a few weeks ago, my fabulous friends did one for Morgan Kate two Saturdays ago, my awesome 4th grade team threw one, and yesterday my dear cousins, aunts, grandmother and "sister-in-law to be" (one day hopefully) hosted a shower for Morgan Kate. Wow! We are one lucky family! 

Please pray for continued growth, good bottle feedings, and that Morgan Kate's lungs will continue to mature. 





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give squirrel a hug - love dad

Anonymous said...

I need some updated photos of my angel baby for her signs. Please kiss MK for me and tell her I miss her and you and will see you soon. Love you bunches - Kaky

Hollie Heming said...

You're in my thoughts every day! I hope you are feeling well today. I miss you. You should come to dinner with us tomorrow. I know everyone would love to see you! Love you.

Jennifer said...

Happy 12 weeks MK! I hope you're all having a great day!
Love - Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather! What a blessing it was to see everyone this weekend and to meet Morgan Kate. Maggie has her picture as her screen saver. Your devotion sounds like so much of what I have been trying to focus on. Being content in every situation is certainly what the Bible commands us to do. Just for the privilege of being a mom we should be thankful. Tonight when I was at our youth pastor's home, he received a phone call that one our youth was missing. I remember coming home from school one day and Uncle B telling me that you were missing. I think I must have been pregnant at the time. I remember the panic and fear. Then I remember the peace and joy that came with the phone call when you were found. Your mom has always been there for you through everything which I know you will be for Morgan Kate. She is absolutely perfect in every way. She is also a fighter! I wouldm't be surprised if a few red hairs don't come out eventually. Hopefully, we will get to see you again in a week. Love and blessings! Aunt Terry PS Our youth was found! Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Good morning..Hope all of you have a great day. Tell MK her bottles are good to the last drop!
Sending you our love, The Burlesons

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather! It was so good to see you and meet Morgan Kate this weekend! She's the background on my phone and all my friends think she is adorable! Hope you're having a good day! I love you!