Saturday, November 15, 2008

Today my devotion was about being content. We should be content with the blessings God gives us and try not to focus to much on the "if onlys".  For example, today Morgan Kate did really well with both bottle feedings, which is indeed such a blessing. I should try to focus on that instead of thinking, but only if we were closer to going home. I may not being doing a great job of explaining it, but the devotion really made sense to me and hit home - especially after the day I had yesterday. I am going to try and work on being content and recognizing the blessings God does give me each and every day.


Morgan Kate had a much better day today! 

The day started with Morgan Kate meeting her Great Aunt Terry and cousin Maggie. They live in Macon, Georgia and got to see Morgan Kate for the first time. While they were there Morgan Kate was awake and alert and even took her bottle. I fed her a bottle at 12pm and then another one at 9pm tonight. She did really well with both, but did an excellent job with the 9pm feed. She finished the entire bottle in 25 minutes!

Her oxygen is still at a flow of four and around 36%. I am so glad that her numbers were down some today and that overall breathing seemed a little easier for Morgan Kate. She didn't have to work nearly as hard.

The diuretic must also really be working because she didn't seem nearly as puffy either. While she is on the diuretic her diapers have to be weighed to see how much fluid she is losing. Last night one of her diapers weighed 56ccs. Wow! Tonight she weighed in at five pounds and ten ounces. 

To top the day off, she had two wonderful nurses who are very attentive and take such good care of Morgan Kate! For that, we are so very thankful!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad she (and you) had a better day. At least the good days are out numbering the bad ones. I'm praying for her lungs to continue to heal so the best day will be soon...bringing her home. Heather-you looked so beautiful yesterday and I'm so proud of you. You do have such wonderful blessings...an amazing hubbie, the best family and friends and great nurses taking care of your precious little Princess!! Don't forget you're a blessing to all your blessings!! As always you're in my prayers. Smile, Smile, Smile...I love you bunches, Kelly Jean

Hollie Heming said...

Heather, I'm praying for all of you. I hope this weekend has been great with your mom and Kyle here. I know how badly you need your family with you. Take comfort in the times they are here. God is watching over you and lucky for us He always knows what He is doing even when we don't understand His plans. I love ya girl~