Friday, November 14, 2008

Today was a stressful day for Morgan Kate, meaning an emotional one for me. 

1st issue of the day:
When her day nurse (Who by the way was fantastic!) arrived she checked Morgan Kate's vitals and took her temperature. Her temperature was 96.9, a little too chilly. So she wrapped Morgan Kate in several blankets, put her hat on, and turned up the thermostat in Morgan Kate's room. By 11am or so her temperature was up and she was doing much better in that department.

2nd issue of the day:
Last night Morgan Kate weighed in at five pounds and ten ounces. Sounds great, but actually it isn't. Weighing five pounds and ten ounces means she gained over three ounces in one night. She also seemed a little puffy. The doctor came in and examined her and determined that it is most likely fluid and she will need more diuretics. She received her first round at about 6pm tonight and will get a dose every 12 hours.

3rd issue of the day:
Morgan Kate is still having a hard time breathing. She just has to work so hard! She was on a flow of three at 38% for most of the day. However, around 1:30 they increased her flow to four. They hope this will help her as well.

4th issue of the day:
She seems to be really tired when bottle feeding and gets worn out very easily. Due to this and the fact that her oxygen needs increase while she is eating they have backed her down to only two bottles a day. I am assuming that once her oxygen gets under control they will increase her bottles again. I am really okay with this because I just want her lungs to get better - we can work on bottles later.

On a positive note, much more positive, Kaky and Kyle came yesterday and are staying through the weekend. It is SO very NICE to have them here. It is such a comfort and really helps me through my days. Yesterday they arrived around 11am and Kaky cooked dinner for us. Yummy and very much needed! We have gotten to spend a lot of good time with Morgan Kate and with each other. I wish they could just move in with us! 

My prayer tonight is that Morgan Kate has a much better day tomorrow! 

6 comments:

Monica said...

Keep the faith my friend. I am praying for you all daily. Much love,
monica

amanda pyle said...

I'm so very sorry that you all had such a rough day. I can't imagine how hard it is. Just know that God is in control and has a special plan for Morgan Kate. She is already an amazing little girl. Give her kisses for me:) Let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do. We can bring you some food...JP can cook like no other:) Let us know when would be good. We love you guys and are continuing to say lots of prayers!!! XOXO

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you had a tough day. I am sure that today will be better. We are continuing to pray everyday!
Wendy H.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Heather. You know that after every dip on this roller coaster ride there comes another high point! Morgan Kate has come SO far and she is doing hard work for such a tiny girl. We are sending you all love and prayers every day. :) Jenny

Justin and Jessica Jones said...

Hey Girl,
It was so good to see you guys yesterday at the hospital. I cannot believe the progress that Morgan Kate has made since my last visit. You have a beautiful daughter. There are so many good days to come with your sweet baby. We are praying that Morgan Kate's breathing and eating issues will improve. Take care of yourself too!
Love you,
Jessica

Anonymous said...

Heather....give me a call. Have they done pulmonology consult? Is she on aerosol treatments? Give me a call when you get a chance.
erin