Saturday, December 20, 2008

According to the pattern last night was supposed to be a sleepy night. The pattern finally broke. Last night was not a sleepy night by any means. It was an all out "fuss, cry, scream, wide-eyed" kind of night. I think we slept for about thirty minutes.

I must say that I am kind of getting used to little sleep. Three months ago I would have never imagined getting by on such small amounts. However, when I wake up to that precious face, whether she's smiling at me or screaming her head off, it just makes it all so worth it and I have the energy to keep going. It also helps that I have an amazing husband who happens to be a fabulous daddy and we have great teamwork. Now, with all that being said I must admit that this morning I was struggling. After no sleep and a daughter that has cried all night regardless of your efforts to soothe and console her I was exhausted. However, I think and I am praying that we have solved the problem.

We went back to the doctor this morning and I think she could tell we had been through the wringer. Not sure if it was the dark circle under our eyes or the fact that I have had the same outfit on for two days. Anyway, she decided that we needed to try another formula - Similac Sensitive - and she also changed the reflux medicine. Morgan Kate is now taking Prilosec. We started the new formula this morning at 10:30. I don't want to speak to soon, but so far so good. She has actually slept today, not been nearly as fussy and she even took an entire bottle for me in about twenty minutes. Amazing! I pray that this is the ticket and that her little tummy will be better in no time. Dr. G also prescribed some awesome diaper rash cream and it seems to be doing the trick too. Oh and she weighed in at eight pounds even. Yes, our little one pounder is getting to be a big girl! Makes me so happy.

Tomorrow I will post some new pics of our little one. I have taken some cutes ones of her wearing all her different Christmas clothes. Since we can't get out and about and we definitely can't visit Santa we can just have a "Christmas outfit wearing" kind of week. It will be a fashion show of sorts. 

6 comments:

Monica said...

Good Morning my Friend! It seems like forever ago that I was going through those same things with my own boys. Believe me it's just for a "short time" as they say in wrestling(thanks to Kyle's present sport that I know that term). Believe me, it is all worth it and you will look back one day and wonder how you even got through it all. GOD!! I admire you and am proud of you. Keep up the good fight. I hope that y'all have a very Merry Christmas--you know where I am if you need me. I miss you tons and tons! Monica

Anonymous said...

Heather & Travis,

We are so excited that you have Morgan Kate home with you now. Know that we continue to pray for all 3 of you, we also look forward to the day we can visit. I hope the new formula and medication work well for MK. Ya'll have really come to understand what being new parents is like in a major way! It is something no one can really explain--sometimes you feel so helpless and inadequate trying to figure out what is making that little one so uncomfortable. Take care of yourselfs and remember you have a wonderful support group of family & friends. We love you!
The Gulley's

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather,
So glad the new formula appears to be working. We will pray specifically for that. Remember God is faithful and will see you through this journey. He will continue to give you the energy you need to get through no sleep. You have a nice warm home to take care of Morgan Kate in. It is humbling when we think about Mary giving birth to Jesus in a manger and staying there for a few days. I can't wait to see the pictures in the Christmas outfits. Morgan Kate is the best Christmas present ever! Your mom gave us one of the wee pee diapers to show our friends. After showing our friends, we gave it to our friend who is the director of Save-a-Life. Eventually, I would love to give prints of Morgan Kate from day 1 and the day she came home for him. He does a lot of counseling of girls who are considering abortion. I don't think I can copy from the website and make copies. Morgan Kate is such a testimony to these girls! God is already beginning to use her mighty ways. I pray that as she grows up she will be faithful to his call. I love you! Aunt Terry

Anonymous said...

Heather - and Travis.
I check your blog everyday to check on yall....I know you must be exhausted and overwhelmed, but you are doing so good. I love that you update for all of us to check on sweet Morgan Kate.
Take Care, if you need anything please let us know.
Just remember, you have so many people who love you and are rooting for you everyday!!!
I can't wait to see yall and that sweet baby girl.
Love,
Liz and Tony

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,

So glad that you are strong. Remember The Joy of The Lord is your strength. Morgan Kate is truly The Joy of The Lord and nothing is too big or too small for Him. You, Travis and Morgan Kate are so special. You and Travis are a fabulous and wonderful Mommy and Daddy. We will pray that the new formula and medicine are just what she needed. We will also pray that God will give you supernatural strength. It is amazing when you are a mommy and daddy to see how much strength you do have when you think you do not have anymore. Cannot wait to see the pictures she is growing so fast. We Love You, Travis and Morgan Kate. Lots of Hugs and Kisses to all of you. If I can do anything for you guys please let me know I will be more than glad to do it. Until we see you again. Love
"MaMa" and "Jan"

Justin and Jessica Jones said...

Hey Girl,
You guys will have the feeding stuff worked out very soon. I am praying for you daily. Just when you think you cannot hold your eyes open for another moment God will give you a second wind or he'll send some help. He certainly has been faithful so far, and I know that he is holding all of you in His hand. Love you...miss you bunches.