Saturday, December 20, 2008

I think we have found a formula that works. Morgan Kate is not fussing, she is not fighting the feeds, and she has taken four bottles for us. Amazing! It's incredible what a change in formula can do for a baby. I pray that this success continues.

Last night Morgan Kate slept for most of the night. It's funny though. She was sleeping and I was wide awake. Maybe I am nocturnal now or maybe it's because my hubbie allowed me to nap for a very long time yesterday, therefore, giving me lots of energy. Either way I was awake all night long. Literally. I saw the sunset late yesterday evening and the sunrise early this morning. I mostly rocked Morgan Kate and actually watched some really good movies on TV. Guess there is more on that just the late shows and poker TV. Ha! Thankfully Travis had slept a little during the night so he took over this morning while I slept a little. Hopefully we will all be able to sleep tonight. Morgan Kate has been awake a lot more today and I am getting ready to wake her up again. 

Other than that it's been a pretty quiet day around here. We've just been hanging out and watching every little thing that this precious little girl does. 

I've been trying to post pictures of Morgan Kate in her Christmas attire, but the web is not cooperating. Check back tomorrow for new pics!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The right formula can make all the difference inthe world! Hopefully, you have found the right one. Get sleep when you can - although it may not seem like it now, this time does pass. One of these nights when Morgan Kate sleeps you will keep getting up to make sure she is OK. Then you'll realize she has made it into the next stage. Can't wait to see her in person. Have a wonderful holiday!
Ann Hamrick

Anonymous said...

Yeah Morgan Kate! I really hope this is the magic formula for your little body!

THE SPIVEY"S said...

We are having to do some formula as well with little Christian. He was not getting full from just breastfeeding. It is so amazing how every baby is so different. I hope that you get some sleep tonight. I understand those long nights. It is so funny how one little baby can make about 500 different noises that just wakes a mommy up in a heartbeat. I think I jump at every move he makes. It is getting better. I know that everyone is telling you to sleep when she sleeps and it is so true. I am finding that out the hard way now. Shaun goes back to work tomorrow and I am exausted...what am I going to do. We are continuing to pray for the three of you and the new adventures that you face everyday.

Hollie Heming said...

So glad you may be on the right track now! The feedings can be the most frustrating part about having a new baby. I know you are doing a great job...you and Travis are being so patient. Keep it up. Morgan Kate will feed (no pun intended) off of your emotions. As long as you're calm, she will be too :). Love you! Call if you need anything.

Bonnie said...

I'm so glad it's finally getting better. I hate I had to miss your last day!! Your room's not the same without you. Have a Merry Christmas with your new little bundle of joy. Love, Bonnie