Sunday, December 28, 2008

Yesterday was an extremely tough day for my family. My Aunt Ann passed away very unexpectedly. She leaves behind my sweet, sweet Uncle Jimmy and their two precious daughters, Lucy and Jamie. Needless to say, this was a tremendous shock to my entire family and everyone is still trying to make sense of it all. Please keep my family, especially my uncle and cousins, in your prayers.

________________________________________________

Morgan Kate seems to be having a better day today. Yesterday was tiring. She was in so much pain from the reflux and her ear. She cried the entire day, she wouldn't eat and would only sleep if being held. I called my mom in tears because I didn't know what else to do to help her. Finally last night around midnight she began to settle down. For several hours we all slept in the den. Trav was in the big chair and I was on the couch with Morgan Kate on my chest. It was the only way that any of us could get any rest. Today she seems much more content. I am praying that the antibiotic is working. She has napped several times today and just seemed much more relaxed. We have had to primarily tube feed her because she will not take a bottle. However, at the last feed she took an entire bottle for Travis. Yahoo! 

Tomorrow we have an appointment with Morgan Kate's eye doctor and Tuesday we meet with the pediatrician again.  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your aunt. My prayers are with your family.

I am glad to hear Morgan Kate is doing a bit better. I know when my kids have ear infections they don't eat well at all. The doctor's told me that sucking on the bottle or breast is very painful when they have an ear infection. I am sure that was the problem and she will be back to bottle feeding like a champ very soon!

The Leviners said...

You are all in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. I'm so glad Morgan Kate is beginning to feel better.
Love and Prayers,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. Your Uncle and cousins will be in our prayers. Is there anything we can do for your family.
I am so glad that Morgan Kate is doing a little better. She will get better as soon as the antibiotic gets into her system. As she feels better she will begin to take the bottle and tube feeding better. You may remember when you had ear infections and as you swallow our ears pop and if our ears hurt/pop it makes us not want to eat. So sorry the nurse is coming out in me. I do apologize. We will continue to pray for Morgan Kate's healing and for all of you to get restful sleep when you are able to sleep. We Love you, Travis and Morgan Kate.Until we see you again.
Love,
Aunt Jan and MaMa

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather! Please know we are all praying for all of you. I this time is extremely difficult. Rest assured that He is walking with you every step of the way. Hold on to that. Claim Proverbs 3:5-6. I love you all very much. Aunt Terry

Hollie Heming said...

Your family is in my thoughts everyday already, and I will add your uncle and cousins to my prayers. I hope Morgan Kate is feeling better quickly and you and Travis are able to get some much needed rest. Call me if you need anything at all! Love you.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear of your Aunts passing.
I will keep your family in my prayers.
I'm glad Morgan kate is doing better.

Monica said...

Sorry to hear about your Aunt. This is a hard time for something like that. We will be thinking of you.
Motherhood...you are truly experiencing it all right now. Just when you think that you have it all figured out--things change. You do what you have to do my friend. I know that you are doing a wonderful job! You know where I am if you need anything. Much love to you all.

THE SPIVEY"S said...

I am so sorry to hear about your families loss. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.