The past 24 hours have been interesting. Last night we decided to work on our new "bedtime routine". Ha, ha, ha. What were we thinking? We got Morgan Kate read
y for bed and gave her a bottle at 8pm. Our plan was to feed her and put her to bed. We knew she would probably fuss a little, but we were prepared to "let her cry" and do whatever we had to do to make sure she went to sleep. Well, Miss
Morgan Kate had other plans. Here is a brief timeline of last night:
Trav fed Morgan Kate. After taking an ounce Trav tried burping MK. She burped and then started with this clicking sound in her throat. Next minute - projectile vomit. Clean things up, change clothes, finish the bottle. MK was able to get an ounce in.
After the bottle MK gets sleepy so we put her down. Until midnight (her next feeding) she cries and cries and cries. We let her cry, then we come in, pat her back, give her the pacifier, even try rocking her. She gets sleepy, we put her down again, she sleeps for about ten minutes and then the crying starts again.
I give MK her bottle. She takes the entire thing, burping throughout. After finishing the bottle she starts with the same clicking sound in her throat. Minutes later - more projectile vomit. Clean her up, clean myself up, try feeding her a little more because she is clearly hungry, put her to bed.
From midnight until 2:30 we continue the crying, sleeping for ten minutes routine. Finally, at 2:30 she gives it up.
Trav feeds MK. Able to get 50cc's in - no vomit.
I feed MK. She will only take an ounce. I don't push the issue because at least she hasn't thrown up.
I feed MK. Get one ounce down, clicking noise starts, more projectile vomit. Clean her up, clean myself up, let her rest, give her a little more and call pediatrician.
From noon until 5 we give MK Pedialyte to keep her hydrated. We also bundle up and go have blood work done. Dr. G calls around 5 and says we have two options:
Travis and I can feed her an ounce every two hours for the rest of the night and we will come up with a plan first thing tomorrow morning.
We can admit MK to the hospital.
Travis and I opted for Option 1, so we are currently feeding her one ounce every two hours. We want to avoid the hospital at all costs. To stay alert and be able to function we are taking shifts. I tried sleeping from 8pm - midnight and he is asleep now. We have an appointment first thing in the morning to decide what to do next. Please pray that we get this figured out. I don't know what else to do. It breaks my heart to see her this way and know there is nothing I can do to make it any better. She is on maximum amount of reflux meds and she's on her fourth formula.
On a much, much lighter note, we did have snow here today. Such a rarity here. So much so that most all schools closed and many business shut down shop as well. It was so pretty, but we didn't dare go out. Too many cords and wires anyway. I was able to snap a few photos of the nice white stuff and then took a photo of MK before we left for the blood work. She was too cute all bundled up!