Friday, February 6, 2009

Today was an exciting day. Morgan Kate took her first ride in her stroller while we took a little walk around the neighborhood. (Thanks Ma-Ma and Aunt Jan for the awesome stroller and car seat!) I'm not sure if we were supposed to take her for a walk, but we did. It was perfectly safe though. No one stopped us and we had her very bundled up. Mommy and Daddy both needed some sunshine and fresh air, so we packed up the family (and all the monitors) and went. Travis took care of the fur babies and I pushed Morgan Kate in the stroller. It was so nice to get out of these walls. Morgan Kate slept the entire time and I tried to enjoy myself. When I say tried, this is what I mean.

Me: Trav, do you think MK is warm enough?

Trav: Yes, she is perfectly fine. It's warm out here and she has on gloves, a hat, socks, long sleeves, and a blanket. 

Two minutes later.

Me: Trav, do you think I am going too fast?

Trav: No, not hardly. I am having to slow down to keep up with you.

Two minutes later.

Me: Trav, do you think she will get a sunburn?

Trav: Heather, she's all wrapped up and it's almost 5:00. I doubt it.

Two minutes later.

Me: Trav, is this stroller secure? I mean, it's not going to fold up on her is it?

Trav: Can you  just enjoy the walk?

Two minutes later.

Me: Trav, do you think it's okay for her to smell all these smells and breathe this air?

Trav: Oh my goodness. Are you going to really be like this with everything?

I know, I know. I have really got to get a grip and settle down some. I stress myself out. It's just that in my mind she is so fragile and has come such a long way and I don't want to do anything to jeopardize that. 

I have to admit our walk was really, really nice. It was great to get out and be with my family. It was also nice to do some "normal" things with our baby girl. I am so excited about the weekend weather. Maybe, just maybe we can walk a few more times. Besides, I am in need of some walking. Just our little venture out today caused me to be short of breath and my calves are already sore. Whewh!

Totally off subject. However, there are two things I have really been pondering for the last few weeks. One, is there any sort of contraption out there that will hold a child's pacifier in their mouth until they are old enough to do it? Just curious. And secondly, I really wish all medications were flavorless, colorless, and odorless. This is what happens when you try to give a child red, cherry flavored Prevacid twice a day. Thank goodness for Shout!


Morgan Kate is doing really well. She is sleeping like a champ at night. Of course we are still getting up every three hours to feed her, but I could care less. She is so much happier and doing so much better. Most of the time she is fast asleep when her feeding times arrive. However, because she needs to eat and she needs the calories we are having to wake her up. I know, I know, you aren't supposed to wake a sleeping baby. She's great though. We change her diaper, feed her and she's back off to dream land. Feeding wise she is still taking two ounces every three hours. Yesterday and today she has been spitting up a little bit more and I can tell that her reflux is bothering her some. So we will have to keep our eye on that. 

Tuesday we have another appointment with the pulmonologist. She will get her 3rd RSV injection and maybe, just maybe we will be off of the oxygen day and night. We will see. 


8 comments:

Hollie Heming said...

Oxi Clean is great too! I remember that first walk with Will in the stroller. It felt so good to get out! I'm amazed at Morgan Kate's progress. I can't wait for warmer weather so we can finally meet. Will asks about her all the time... "When will I get to meet that beautiful girl on the computer?". We both can't wait! Love you.

Anonymous said...

I'm no doctor, but it seems that the benefits for mom and dad to get out and get some fresh air, have to be beneficial for MK! Good for you! And I don't know of anything for the pacifier, but if you could invent something like that, you would make millions! :)

Terry Sowell said...

I am so glad you enjoyed your walk! The weather looks great for the next several days so do it some more. Try not to worry so much. Spring is just around the corner, and you will get to see God in all His glory. Love you! Aunt Terry

Anonymous said...

How funny!!! All Moms caan relate!!

I still do it with Grandchildren and sometimes grown children!!!!
We just have to be sure they are safe right!!!!!

Congratulations on being Teacher Of The Year. I saw your name on the plaque when I volunteer at LMES.
Such an honor!!!
Sounds like Morgan kate is doning wonderful!!!!
Makes me smile!!!!!!!!

Deni said...

Trust me, I was totally like that. When we took Parker to a mall for the first time, I started BAWLING...I was so scared. But it's just the first step and getting out more. Now Parker and I go out ALL THE TIME! But I was the same way...asking Drew those questions.

As far as I know...I don't think there is any contraption like that. I don't know if it would be ok, you don't want the baby to choke and get something stuck in the airwaves...but who knows, their might be.

Kerri Roberts said...

Just so you know...sunshine and fresh air are GOOD for everyone! Strollers don't fold up on babies. And kids are resilient. I would have that girl out every pretty day possible. And yes, smelling the air is ok--unless you live in the perimeter of a crazy factory!!! You're FINE! And remember, this advice is brought to you by a FREAK, so get on with it and enjoy being a mommy to a healthy little girl :0)
Take Care Girl

Anonymous said...

glad you enjoyed your walk! . Try not to worry and Spring is just around the corner yeh, keep getting those walks in

I know when I brought Alexandrea home , We had to stop at public places uuug, I did not want to, but we were also almost 300 miles from home and not much of a choice due to weather and it being too cold, had to go inside where it was warm, We had to eat and get her out of the seat, The dr's though just said keep her covered, as much as possible, no one to touch her. we were able to sit in a booth and it was huge, no one realy bothered us and the restaurant was slow, only two other tables, they did see hercovered up and new she wwas a tiny and commented but moreover left us alone. The one table even paid for our meal.

love the car seat/combo, we have the same one too. I love the fact that we can adjust the handle too I am short and hubby is tall.
tall to you later
becky

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that the stoller and car seat is what you wanted and are able to get out and enjoy the weather as a family. We love you.

Aunt Jan AND MaMa