Saturday, February 7, 2009

We took another walk today. I am very proud to say that I did much better. You would all be really proud. I even pushed the stroller a little faster. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

I have always wanted to be a "baby wearing kind of mama". You know carrying a baby in a sling or something similar. While pregnant I researched and looked around for the best way to "wear a baby" and what to use. For those interested there are like a zillion different sling type things to use and about a million different ways to "wear your baby". Total overload. I found two slings that I really, really liked. They weren't slings that I found on my own however. I actually found both slings by reading other mommy blogs. Anywho, I ordered one and Kaky gave me the other for Christmas - love them both!. I am still trying to learn how to use them and how to get a baby with wires and monitors to fit into it, but I think I am getting the hang of it. Being oxygen free has been a huge help. Today I attached one of the slings, inserted Morgan Kate who immediately fell asleep and we were able to take a walk around the backyard (not before taking a photo of myself). The sunshine sure was nice! 


In the last week or so Miss Morgan Kate has found her fingers. It is so darn cute to see and hear. Today I was able to catch a photo of her in action. Goodness, I could eat her up!



9 comments:

Kathy Hardison said...

Dad and I are reading the blog before he heads to work. We think she is pretty darn cute too! We missed seeing her this weekend (and you and Trav). Love to all 3 of you....Kaky and Gdaddy

Hollie Heming said...

Love the sling! You look like an official "baby wearin' mama"!. Maybe one day I can bring Will over and we could take them for a walk together in our matching strollers!

Anonymous said...

ok the sling thing is pretty dominate. im so glad yall got to go on a walk! the weather has been amazing! love yall! :)

p.s. im also really excited that i beat my mom to commenting on this!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad ya'll have been able to get some fresh air...I bet Trav can't wait to take his girls on the boat:) How cool is your baby sling and might I say you look good with it on! Hope ya'll continue to have a wonderful weekend! Love, Kelly Lee

Anonymous said...

what sling did you end up getting?
I have a moby wrap and love it and bjorn that was my siters that i like.

Glad to hear mk is doing well
Love the pics too!!
Amazing how our girls our so much alike and I ditto your post on some of it. I just don't have any monitors.

Anonymous said...

You girls look very fashionable. You both look cute. So glad you were able to get out. Hope to see you soon. We love you, Travis and Morgan Kate. Hugs and Kisses to all three of you.

Love,
MaMa and Aunt Jan

The Leviners said...

You are so right- MK is so very cute! So glad you're enjoy your strolls! Hopefully we can stroll together this spring!
Love and Prayers,
Melissa

Terry Sowell said...

I am so glad you are enjoying motherhood! We love you all! Aunt Terry

Anonymous said...

Hahaha....I love that you took a picture of yourself "wearing Morgan Kate." Your blog is so much fun to read. I love the pictures too, you are quite the author, Mrs. Callahan! Sounds like your family is doing great and I am thrilled to hear it! Love you,
Jessa