Thursday, May 14, 2009

Is it crazy that I am slightly sad that Morgan Kate has slept through the night for the past two days? Tuesday night we put her down around 8pm and she slept until 8am without getting up. Wednesday night we put her down at 8pm and she slept until 7:15am without waking up. I am thrilled that she is sleeping because it means I get to sleep and we all know how much I love to sleep. But I do miss our middle of the night "meetings". During her middle of the night feeds I just stare at her, love on her, reflect on things and pray a lot. It really is a nice time and something I have come to look forward to and cherish. I guess if she keeps up this "sleeping through the night" thing then I will have to find another time for our "meetings". Ha. For some reason I don't foresee that being a problem.

--------------------
This week Morgan Kate's EI and PT came for our sessions. It just so happened that MK's nap time fell during both sessions so she was quite cranky. Both days we had to stop early and she fell fast asleep. This week we actually have PT twice. In months where there are five weeks we get an extra PT session. Nice. Also, MK will start receiving occupational therapy (OT) very soon. From what I understand, OT is not that different from PT. It will be like getting PT twice a week, which is good for us. Many premature babies have tight muscles and PT/OT really helps with this. Morgan Kate kicks her legs all the time and she loves to stand now so her leg muscles are good, but the muscles in her arms are much tighter and she has a harder time using them. She can grasp things and she will reach for things when she is sitting in her Bumbo or in my lap, but she still will not reach up for things or reach for things when she is lying (laying?) on the floor. I know it will all come in due time, but PT and OT will help a lot. I'm just thrilled that she is able to get all of these terrific services. Like I have said before, I have already seen vast improvements. 

-------------------- 
I am off to bed. It has been a long day and on top of things I went grocery shopping this afternoon. 

My weekly trip to Wal-mart. You know, the trip where you intend to spend only this amount of money and come out having spent double. Yeah. Gets me every time. Oh, and for all of you with little girls, avoid the clothing department at all costs. Wal-Mart has THE cutest little dresses and outfits for this summer and you will just get sucked in. I did. 

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I can't ever go to walmart without having spent more than I meant to :)

Glad she's sleeping well but I know what it's like to think they're growing and be alittle sad.

Jenny Garris said...

I laughed when I read your post because Bubba laughed at me when I told him I miss Joel when he sleeps through the night! I still wake up several times though, but I'm sure that will get better!
Glad to hear MK is making such great progress! :)