Monday, January 4, 2010

When I was growing up, a sock monster lived at our house. The sock monster only appeared when the laundry was being done, but we always knew he was there. The sock monster was not picky or choosy. He ate socks that belonged to me, my brothers, my dad and even my mom. He ate white socks and brown socks, black socks and red socks. Short socks, knee socks and ankle socks.

It seems as if the sock monster has followed me. Except now he prefers teeny tiny socks. And this is what he leaves me with.


---------------------
A Few Updates:

#1:
I am not sure if anyone noticed, but in my New Year's Day post I mentioned that Morgan Kate had taken five steps unassisted/unsupported. We were all so excited! We meaning me, Travis and our PT. Since Wednesday of last week MK has taken some more steps. She usually just takes two or three and then stumbles to the floor. It's the funniest sight ever. I know she's going to catch on any day now and it literally terrifies me. I mean I'm super excited that she is growing and developing so well, but I have no clue what you do with a walking baby.

#2:
Other exciting news on the home front. MK has been using her sippy cup a lot more lately, but only with water. I give it to her at breakfast, lunch, dinner and other times through the day, and she has still been getting three bottles. I know, I know. I realize that I am going to have to stop with the bottles soon, but right now it's not a top priority. I have a list of other things to accomplish. So bottles can wait. Seriously. However, today she did take her afternoon milk via the sippy cup, meaning she only took two bottles. She didn't drink all of the milk that was in her cup and she was definitely ready for her night bottle, but she did a good job. And I of course was super proud of her. And pretty proud of myself.

#3:
We had speech today and it went really well. MK has become so much more vocal in the last few weeks. She talks all of the time. Of course it's in a language that I don't know very well, but she's talking and I am trying to understand. She is still saying "dada", "kaka", "gaga", "baba", "bye" and now saying "ba" (which means bad and she points to Lola) and "pie" (which is short for pee-pie, you know, the hiding game). Also, if you ask her where her head is she will put both of her hands on top of her head. And she is now blowing kisses when we leave people. But of course, only when she wants to or feels up to it. Oh, and she will also put her hands over her eyes, take them away and say "pie"...you know, for the hiding game.

#4:
Last week we had MK's ears rechecked and everything was great. The doc said her lungs sounded terrific and her ears looked great. And she weighed in at eighteen pounds and two ounces. We don't return until her eighteen month well visit in February.

5 comments:

MJP said...

this is awesome awesome news! mk is coming right along--praise God!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

It sounds like she's doing wonderful!!!

Heather said...

She is getting so big. I know how you worry about her weight so I just wanted to tell you that my youngest at 18 months weighed 18 lbs 8 oz. I don't think you need to worry about her weight any longer! She is doing great.

The developments are amazing. She is learning so much and starting to walk. So amazing.

The mom of 4 monkeys! said...

Wow!!! She is growing up so quickly!

We have a sock monster who lives at our house too! If that's not bad enough he also invited the mitten monster to live with us now!

Kathy Henson said...

Sock monster solution...I have a mesh lingerie bag that I throw all of Anna Claire's and Charlie's little socks in before I wash. Then I toss it in the dryer and when it is done, they are still all together.
So exciting about the new words/sounds Morgan Kate learned! :)
-Kathy Henson