Sunday, February 7, 2010

I am sure you guys are tired of hearing about it. And frankly, I am tired of dealing with it.

THE SIPPY CUP, that is. I am so over it. Seriously. I am to the point where if Morgan Kate wants to take a bottle until she is five then I am perfectly okay with it. We have tried every cup you could ever imagine and none of them work for her. She either chews on the spout or actually ends up getting some of the milk in her mouth and then spits it all out. And yes, we have been working with our "speech" cups as well and they have not been of any help either. I seriously don't know what to do. She does great with her bottle. She can hold it, she can give it to herself, she drinks from it and she doesn't spit anything out.

Whewh. Okay, I am going to try and never post about this again, but I had to get that off of my chest.

--------------------
Morgan Kate is so loving and so snuggly. Most of the time. Hee, hee. Whenever we ask her for "lovin" (aka - hugs) she puts her little head on our shoulders and wraps her arms around our necks. It's the sweetest thing ever. We give her kisses all day it seems like, but she will never kiss us back. If we ask for a kiss she will just laugh and turn away. But, today was different. Travis was playing with her and asked for a kiss. Morgan Kate leaned in real close and did her best attempt at a kiss. Of course I then asked for one and she did the same thing. I literally got tears in my eyes because I was so excited. It was so, so sweet and I just ate her up.

I assumed that since this was something new she would do it all afternoon. Not so much. She is apparently quite stingy with her kisses and will only give them when she feels like it. She's probably also a little tired of us asking. Ha!

--------------------
On a completely different note.

For the past five years Travis and I have watched the Superbowl and pulled for different teams. We make really cheesy bets like, "If my team wins then you (Travis) have to wash the dishes for a week" or "If my team wins then you (Heather) have to iron my clothes for a week". It's cheesy, but it's fun. Anyway, for the past four years my team has won. That's right. I have won the bet for the past four years. Now, I occasionally watch football with Travis, but I don't really know a lot about it. I mean I know the game, but I don't know all the players and coaches and team owners and such.

Anyway, tonight was no different. He told me early on that he was pulling for the Colts, so I of course took the Saints. I actually like the Saints and I like that they were considered by some to be the underdogs.

So, according to our bet, it looks like I will be sleeping in for the next few weekends. I can't wait!

7 comments:

Whitnie said...

have you tried just using a regular cup and straw? my morgan never has really used a sippy cup - we went straight from the bottle to a cup with a straw. i use the bendable kind and i just trim them to the right length so the bendy part comes to to top of the cup. just a suggestion.... hang in there - eventually something will work.

Deni said...

I have a love hate relationship with sippys. Parker WILL NOT take any but one's with straws. His speech therapist keeps telling me he won't ever talk right if he uses a straw. I don't listen he talks just fine and my ped even told me she was wrong.

It's hard, because you want them to be "normal" but you can't force them to do something they aren't ready for, ya know? Of course, keep trying on occasion, but let her have her bottle. My thing was to let parker have a sippy cup (which ever kind) with just water....and it helped him learn as well. He'd chew on the spouts and straws, but it did help some. He still cant use a spout cup...but we still work on it.

Don't give up girl. It's hard, but she will get it. She won't go to kindergarten with a bottle, I promise.

If you need to talk - email!

Allie said...

Kennedy has stopped taking the bottle at daycare and she doesn't do well with a sippy cup either. So Look on the bright side, a bottle until your 5 is a whole lot better than a boob:).

alexandrea said...

I feel for you with thte sipppy cups. Alexandrea will not take to one either, she too just chees on ot and spits it out.
And righ tnow with us still battling weight issues, I just rahter her take the bottle, I know how much she is getting.

Alexandrea started giving kisses a few weeks ago, , it is so sweet, sometimes though they can be a nice wet sloppy kiss, i still love it. She will give you one soon

Hollie Heming said...

Okay, I love Allison's comment. She is right! HA!

I wish I had thought to make your bet with Jason. Oh, how nice that would be :).

Love you and miss you!! Come visit LMES again soon.

The Leviners said...

No advice about the sippy cup...C chews on hers like a teether. KISSES...AW! If I want a kiss from C I'll lean in to her face and she'll open her mouth big like she's going to eat my lips! She does give hugs..when I pick her up from Leah's she'll squeeze my neck with both of her little arms while kicking her feet! It's the best feeling! Sweet sweet babies!!!

Jason and Talyse said...

Mine can be stingy with their kisses too! They lean in and turn their heads at the last second, with big smiles on their faces! They think they're so funny!