Friday, February 5, 2010

I woke up this morning feeling so excited. Today was going to be the day for Morgan Kate's last RSV shot. Not only her last of the season, but hopefully her last forever. Or so I thought.

Upon arriving at the office and checking in, the receptionist proceeded to make our final appointment for March. March? Another shot? Are you sure? I was certain that there must be some confusion. Apparently, the only confusion was on my part. Morgan Kate qualifies for five injections this season and her March appointment will make her 5th. Oh happy day! NOT.

Don't get me wrong. I am eternally thankful and grateful that Morgan Kate qualifies for these shots. Really, I am. I know several little ones that have RSV right now and they were full-term babies and it has been so very rough on their tiny bodies. So, believe me, I am more than thankful for these shots and the protection they offer. However, I know these shots hurt. I mean I don't really know because I have never had one. But, from the look on Morgan Kate's face and her reaction after, I know they hurt.

Before administering the shot they weigh her so that they know exactly how much to give. The minute I sat her on the scale she began to cry and when I put her down on the table so that they get to her legs she began screaming. Oh, how it broke my heart. And because she's bigger now and weighs more she had to get two injections. Ouch!

So, I did what any good mommy would do. After those painful injections and those tears running down her face we headed to the Golden Arches. McDonald's that is. And we BOTH had a Cheeseburger Happy Meal. It was perfect. She loved it. I loved it. And there were no more tears.

Here's our proof...





And as I said before, all of those things above make for one happy little girl. (She really is happy. This is just one of her new faces!)

3 comments:

MJP said...

Synagis shots=OUCH! Sorry MK has to endure, but so glad she can get them. Mickey D's is the perfect place to go to make one feel better. Ask me how I know...LOL:)

The Leviners said...

Sorry about getting those shots and how they hurt her!! I love that she went to McDonald's afterwards!! Look at that face! We have that same cute shirt!! Love you MK!

Allie said...

RSV is really keeping poor Kennedy down. Even with Motrin and Tylenol I can't get her temperature to normal. She coughs so much that she throws up. What she can keep down just runs out the other end. :( We are on day 5 of this evil virus. I hope that you NEVER have to go through this!