Thursday, September 22, 2011

This contraption and I have a love, hate don't love relationship.

I love that Morgan Kate is finally "getting" the whole tee-tee in the potty thing and even asks to go. Seriously. She is telling us when she needs to go. We never have to ask and she's not having any tee-tee accidents.


I don't love that I have to think A LOT about this whole potty business every single time we walk out of the door. Like seriously. I thought packing diapers and wipes was a big deal. Now I gotta pack undies, extra clothes, wipes, more undies, more extra clothes. I also gotta think a lot about where we are going and if and where we will have potty access. 


I love that I am not buying diapers every few weeks.


I don't love that we are still having to use diapers at nights and at times during naps. Oh, and when she needs to do the "other thing". You know, the thing other than tee-tee.


I love that we aren't having any tee-tee accidents.


I don't love that we are having major "other thing" accidents. MAJOR.


I love that she is wearing big girl undies.


I don't love that she is wearing big girl undies.


I love that she is now using the "big girl" potty.


I don't love that she is big enough to use the "big girl" potty. 


I told you, it's definitely a love and don't love relationship. Maybe one day, and hopefully one day soon, I'll have a strictly love relationship with this contraption and all it entails. Until then, not so much.

2 comments:

Looperville said...

I remember those days of potty training and hoping that Chandler would not have an accident on the way to daycare in the mornings.

OR

What do I do when I am out and about? Not sure if you have a potty seat that folds but here is one like we have and it is wonderful! A mutual friend, Chi, gave it to me as a gift and it has been the best thing ever.....NO GERMS!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3312458

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

It is a big step for mom and child! I'm glad she is doing well!