Monday, February 20, 2012

Just some updates.

1. Bedtime and sleeping are getting better. It has taken some interventions, a call to our pediatrician and some sleepless nights, but it's getting better. And let's be honest, there was one night, Friday night a week ago to be exact, that I had to use a very firm voice and a firm hand, but afterward all was well. Bedtime itself is much, much easier and most nights MK is sleeping the entire night or only getting up once and that's just to use the potty. In the mornings she is so proud of herself and we are so proud of her!


2. Speaking of potty. MK is completely potty trained day and night and wears big girl panties 100% of the time. It's great and wonderful and I'm so, so, so very proud of her, but with that comes the getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. However, at the end of the day, if that's my only complaint then I'm doing great. I know that eventually she will be able to do it all on her own - the whole get up, walk to the bathroom, turn on the light, do her business and so forth - and I'll be wishing that she needed me more. She can really do all of that on her own now, but during the night she still likes to ask for mommy.


3. MK is still loving her dance class. A lot. She comes home and talks about it nonstop. And she dances ALL OF THE TIME. I love it! I know I'm probably biased, but she's really good at dancing and she has a lot of rhythm She has a recital in May and I can't wait!


4. The past few weeks while dealing with all of that bedtime business we were also dealing with some behavior issues. Behavior that involves a little girl only wanting to do what she wants to do. A little girl who didn't/doesn't like to listen or follow the rules. One who screams, cries and whines A LOT. A little girl who when I pick her up in the afternoon wants nothing to do with me. However, as bedtime and sleeping starts to get better, it seems that the behavior stuff is getting better as well. I'm sure it many ways the two were connected. I just know over those few weeks I was exhausted, cried a lot and felt like the WORST.MOM.IN.THE.UNIVERSE. I felt so defeated and discouraged and frustrated. And there are days where I still do. There have been nights I have sat down to blog and started post after post about how hard things are and how I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing or parenting the right way and then I would just delete it all and walk away. The threes are hard. No lie. I don't know who coined the phrase "Terrible Twos", but I found the twos to be easy compared to this. This three stuff is HARD. SO HARD. But, like I said, I think it's getting better and I'm so thankful. And relieved.


5. Morgan Kate has the most vivid imagination. She plays pretend all of the time and she makes up stories to tell her babies and stuffed animals. She also still hangs out with Dabba and Connie - her two imaginary friends. I love that she is so imaginative and creative.


6. MK's favorite game right now is Hide and Go Seek. She always says, "Mommy, you count, I hide". 


7. Morgan Kate loves to read. She likes to ready at any time really, but especially at night before bed. She would read a dozen books if we let her. 



No comments: