Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This past weekend the men went away for a camping trip, so the ladies decided to make the most of the weekend and have some girl time. 
My girl

Friday night, Mom, Trenholm, Morgan Kate and I went to Carraba's for dinner. Delish. Afterward we went to Target. You know how Target shopping takes place - you go in expecting to spend $25 and leave having spent $125. This shopping trip worked out great for me and I spent $0. Thank goodness. My mom bought the $1 Airheads that I wanted and the $1 ponytail holders that MK needed. And Trenholm took care of MK's chocolate goldfish. While we were in Target we bumped into the nicest lady who just happens to read my blog. She was so, so sweet and it was so nice to talk with her. I probably should have gotten her number for future questions and concerns. She has three daughters of her own, so I know she is filled with mother/daughter wisdom. I already know that I am going to have my hands full in the coming years with only one girl, so I'm going to need all the help and advice possible. 
Trenholm, Morgan Kate and Mom

Saturday morning Mom and I decided to do a little "picking". I watch American Pickers all of the time. I so would love to just pack up one weekend and head out on the road with them. My problem would be that I wouldn't want to part with any of my finds. I love old stuff and the history behind all of it. I have been wanting to go for quite some time, so Saturday morning we did just that. We headed to this awesome place not very far from us. We went with the intentions of purchasing one or two small things. We left having purchased an antique iron bed, a beautiful table (my mom's find), a lantern and a few other small things. I am so, so, so excited about the bed. It's my next project. I guess I should say "our" next project because I am going to have my dear hubby sand it and paint it white and it's going to become MK's new big girl bed. It's absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to see the final product. It was such a great find (and a great deal) and I can't wait to go again. I will say that my mom and I did learn a valuable lesson. Either we need a bigger car or we need to take a trailer with us. It took us a good thirty minutes or longer to reconfigure my SUV and get all of our nice purchases situated securely. However, we conquered the task at hand and made it back home with everything in one piece. We make a good "pickin" team.
Our finds
Saturday night my mom left and MK and I had a little one on one time. I loved being with my baby girl, but I'm not one to get overly excited about being at home alone. Not really my cup of tea. However, we spent the evening eating chicken nuggets and fries while watching the Little Mermaid. It was so nice! I adore the Little Mermaid and was thrilled to share that with Morgan Kate. Everything was going great until...Morgan Kate broke out in these huge red whelps/hives/whatever. They started on her back, went around to her stomach, then her arms, her legs and finally her feet. She never had any on her face and her breathing was fine. I did call the nurse line at our pediatrician's office and she said to keep a close eye on her and to make sure the whelps were fading. Sure enough, after about forty minutes or so they started to disappear. Thank goodness! After watching her closely for another hour or so I put her to bed and headed there myself.
MK's hives/whelps/whatever
We had a great weekend, but we were so glad to see Travis on Sunday! 


Deni said...

Glade to see MK is doing great. I'm back on the internet now! PArker is growing like a weed...we miss you guys!

Kathy Hardison said...

It was a fun weekend and can't wait to do it again! LY&MY