Wednesday, August 29, 2012

It's Wednesday.

It's Wednesday. I promise not to start every post this way. Just trying to get back in my groove.

It's Wednesday and I'm sitting in my bed listening to MK and Trav over the baby monitor. Yes, we still use a baby monitor and our baby is four. We may use it until she is twenty-four. Despite my exhaustion, my face wears the biggest smile and my heart is total mush. I am listening to MK "read" Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? She knows the book verbatim. And she's reading it like she's been reading for years. Our big girl.

It's Wednesday and I am SO thankful for my hubby. Thankful doesn't seem like a big enough word for all he does. He goes above and beyond pretty much every single day, but today he went above and beyond. Today, while I was at work, he played Mommy and Daddy and everything else. He started by getting MK dressed and taking her to preschool to meet her new teachers. He even remembered to put her bow in her hair. After "meet the teacher", he then took MK for her four year old well visit. He not only took my list of questions, but got answers to all of them and sat through FOUR shots. FOUR. And after all of that he went grocery shopping with the detailed list and my pink pen in hand. He's pretty amazing. 

It's Wednesday and my heart is content. MK loved her new teachers and was not happy about leaving when it was time to go. My girl hates goodbyes. And she loves school. Happy momma.

It's Wednesday and I'm happy to report that MK's four year old well visit was awesome. Per Trav. MK weighed 32 pounds and was 38.5 inches tall. She was in the 50th percentile for both height and weight. Woo hoo! First time ever that she's been on the chart for weight. Dr. G said she looks awesome, other than an infected ear. I get the award for "Awful Mommy Who Never Knows Their Child Has An Ear Infection". Gosh. Trav talked with her some about our "schooling questions" and she gave great answers. All in all, despite the four shots, it was a great visit. I hated to miss it. Seriously. I love well visits with Dr. G because she's so patient and so thorough and we talk about EVERYTHING. I know I would have asked her like a million questions.

It's Wednesday and I'm exhausted. I've been in bed every night this week by 8 and asleep by 9. Makes for one rested teacher and momma and wife. 


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

My SIL told me to make sure we got a good baby monitor so we can hide it in Addison's room when she's a teenager. :) Yay for being on the charts for weight....I know that feeling!