Wednesday, September 5, 2012

It just happens to be Wednesday again. It's been a week since I last blogged. It's been a week since I have had five minutes to do something other than schoolwork or housework. It's been a week since I made it to bed at a decent time. It's been a week since I have had a chance to cook dinner or do other things that just need to be done. But, anyway.

Here's life via some more phone pictures. Thank goodness for a phone with a camera and friends who send pictures. 

Morgan Kate having fun with Asher and Sloan this past week at Kristen's. 
Making banana muffins 
Kisses for sweet Sloan
Fire girl Morgan Kate
Thank goodness for a brother who swears he's my personal editor and even sends texts of my errors. One day when I go big, he's definitely going to proofread all of my work. Ha! I'm just thankful he's actually reading! 
Most days, most being the keyword, I don't mind being a working momma. But, on days like the first day of preschool, work kind of cramps my style. Fortunately, I have a momma who doesn't work on Fridays and she was able to take my girl to her first day of preschool. So thankful for my momma!
Morgan Kate's first day of her second year of preschool. Such a big girl!
She has lots of new friends in her class, but also ended up with some her besties - Annie Parker and Mary Hall. What a little trio! Three girls with double names and three girls with LOADS of personality!
I was especially thankful for a LONG weekend at home, doing nothing. Saturday morning was the perfect day to sleep in and snuggle with my girl.
I might not have cooked dinner in a week, but I did make pancakes for breakfast. Yum.
Long weekends, or any weekend for that matter, also present opportunities to spend time with dear neighbors who will be moving soon. Mary and I enjoyed chatting, while MK fed Baby Evan.
A long weekend also means several trips to the lake.
 And stops to get hot boiled peanuts.
Our second trip to the lake proved to be a bit scary. While on the lake we got caught in a huge storm. Lots of rain, lots of thunder and even some lightning. No worries - we all stayed safe.
Tuesday began a new work week and a week back with RODDEY!!! I had one happy girl and I was one happy momma. We were so thankful to have Kristen and Holly help us out while Roddey was on maternity leave, but it sure feels good to be back into our routine and with our Roddey!
Reunited and it feels so good!
Tuesday also brought the birth of a new family member. Welcome to the world, Tanner James! We love you so much and can't wait to kiss those precious cheeks. 
It's been a busy week, an overwhelming week and even one filled with exhaustion, but it's been a good week. A really good week.

No comments: