Thursday, September 27, 2012

Showering Baby Emi

This past weekend several of us got together to shower this "Momma-to-be" with lots of pink, ruffles and monograms. 
Raven is expecting #2, a baby girl named Emi, at the beginning of November. I am over the moon excited about Emi's arrival. There's just something special about your best friend having her own baby girl. 

We all took care of "something" for the shower. Melissa L. handled invites and these adorable favors. How talented is she?
I took care of some of the food and decorations. When it comes to decorating I can get a little carried away. I LOVE decorating and I think it's so much fun, but I can't ever decide on just a few things, so I end up trying to do and make it all. The making it part proves to be tricky at times.
Rita was super kind and offered to let us use her house for the event. She lives in a beautiful house downtown and it was the perfect spot! 
Melissa N. helped out and she brought some of the yummy food.
Rita also took care of the cake. How precious is this?
Nolan came and he was THE cutest thing ever!
I love going to showers and catching up with friends and spending time with people that I don't get to see on a daily basis. 
These are girls I have been friends with since middle school (above picture and below). Seriously. I've known each of them since I was in the fourth or fifth grade and we have remained friends. They definitely hold a special place in my heart.
Me, Raven, Melissa, Rita, Melissa
My girl was also there. She loves any excuse to have a party!
This wreath was part of my "decorations" and it was by far the most fun thing I made. It was so easy and turned out way better than I expected. Oh, and it was super inexpensive. It's made from a straw wreath and coffee filters. Coffee filters!!! I definitely will be making more of these.
It was a beautiful day and a beautiful shower for such a beautiful mommy. I couldn't be more excited for Raven. I am counting down the days until Emi's big arrival!!

No comments: