Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I read a lot of blogs. Some I read religiously every.single.day. Others I read weekly. And still others, I check in on from time to time. Regardless of how little or how much I read the blogs, many of them I have been following since I began blogging four years ago. Many of my "real life" friends are the authors of some of these blogs. There are other blogs I read where I've never met the amazing person writing it, but we have communicated via email, mail, etc. And there are many blogs that I read and have never communicated with the people in my life. I don't know them personally. They wouldn't know me if I was standing at their front door. Regardless, after four years, I celebrate their joys and feel sorrow during their times of sadness. It may sound crazy or even slightly stalkerish, but it's the truth. I feel like they are my "blog world" friends.

When I read Sunday about Julee, another blogger, losing her husband, I was shocked. I couldn't catch my breath. I know it may sound ridiculous or even crazy because I've never met this girl. BUT, I've read her blog for probably two years now. I found it through Kelly's Korner and started reading it because I thought Julee was super stylish and she had great hair ideas. Then I became captivated when she and her husband were trying desperately to have a baby. I remember checking in one day and finding out she was finally pregnant and I was so excited for my "blog world" friend. And, as I do with all of my friends, I held my breath during her entire pregnancy because that's what I do when people I know are pregnant. I was overjoyed when she posted the first pictures of her beautiful baby girl. And when I found out Sunday that her husband had lost in his life in a terrible car accident I was overcome with sadness. My heart just ached all day for her and continues to ache.

I just cannot imagine what she is feeling or having to deal with. I can't even allow my mind to try and go there, even for a second, because I literally think my heart would stop beating. I would just fall apart. When Travis was in India I had so much fear and so much anxiety about his travel and his time in another country. And I was SO relieved when he came home. I can't help but think that she's so young. He was so young. Their baby girl is so young. And it just makes me so, so sad. I've been praying each night for God to just be with her. I don't even know what to say or what to pray for. I don't pray for understanding because I don't know how anyone, at any point, could understand this. I don't pray for peace because I know that's impossible right now. I just pray for God to be with her and her precious baby girl.

Please keep this precious family in your thoughts and prayers. 

Hug your hubby and your babies and your loved ones a little tighter. Forget the fact that your husband didn't clean up behind himself. Don't freak out when your child colors on the wall with a crayon. Forgive a friend who hasn't called or emailed as often as you like. All of these things can be fixed and mended. Appreciate that you have THEM HERE.




4 comments:

The Leviners said...

Aw, Heather this was so sad to read. I'm praying for Julee and her daughter. You are an amazing friend and even though you don't "personally" know Julee, she is defintely feeling your prayers.

THE SPIVEY"S said...

Read about her tradgedy too. My heartbis with her today as she lays him to rest.

Anonymous said...

Such a reminder to "not sweat the small stuff." Thank you! Will pray for Julee and her family.

XOXO,
Jessa

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I felt the same way as you when I read the news. My heart is breaking for her, and I've been praying ever since. It really does make me want to hold my family extra close right now.