Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Three days away.

Three days until my baby girl turns five. I'm soaking in every last minute of four. I swear she grows and changes and ages right before my very eyes.
Days before her second birthday.
Some days her birth seems so very far away. Like it happened ages ago. Other days all of that seems like it was just yesterday. I have a bad habit of living in the past and not wanting things to change or move forward. I think that's why her birthdays are so hard. I didn't want to leave age one or two or three. I don't want to say goodbye to four. Sometimes, or most times actually, I forget that sometimes what's about to happen is just as good, if not better, than what has already happened. 

Regardless of the fact that I want to keep her my baby, she's going to turn five and eventually fifteen and then twenty-five. And I want to keep enjoying every age and all it brings, just as I always have done!

P.S. All of this made sense in my brain, but if it made no sense to any of you, I can explain. I am in the midst of my first week back at school with children. All of that means paperwork and emails and lesson plans and thinking and doing and reflecting. I am also in midst of planning MK's birthday party and that takes a lot of my brainpower as well. Needless to say, I don't have a lot of brain cells to spare this week!!

No comments: